What is Cat5e, Cat6, Cat6a cabling?
- Category cabling is commonly used for data networks and ethernet applications, in its basic form it's designed to carry data signals to and from connected devices such as pc's, telephones, printers, hubs and switches. There are several different types of category cabling starting with Cat5e as the basic version and then Cat6 for faster ethernet speeds, Cat6a for even faster connections.
How much is it going to cost?
- Data Cable installation is effectively a very cheap communications system to install. The main costs generally come from the labour time it takes to install. We provide free quotes and provide bespoke prices to a clients needs.
What warranty do I have?
- Generally all our parts are covered by a standard one year warranty, however most network cabling is guaranteed for 25 years by the manufacturer if installed to their specification. As fully qualified network installers we install to these specs.
How long will it take?
- This depends on how big the installation is and what the obstacles are that we have to go through, for example if all containment is existing we can install very quickly.
I've only got a small office why do I need data cabling?
- Most smaller offices tend to work over their wifi. However, most telephones, cctv devices and other devices use data cabling to some extent. Whilst we appreciate wifi can be the best option in some circumstances. Using data cable to connect to the network is much faster and far more reliable.
Where are you located?
- Bristol Communications and Electrical Ltd are small family run business that are located 10 miles from Bristol and 10 Miles from Bath. We cover quite an area in the South West including Radstock.